Choose the Right Drywall for Every Room
Whether it is the size, thickness, edge or variety, the type of drywall you use, can make or break the quality of your renovation. Did you know:
- Although standard sheet stock comes in 4 X 8 ft., you can purchase larger lengths to create an almost seamless, smooth finished look.
- If there is an excessive gap between the studs or joists, you may need a drywall that is thicker than the standard 1/2 inch or 3/8 inch thickness.
- The taper-edged sheets are best for putting up drywalls, whereas the square-edged sheets are more appropriate for plastering walls or ceilings.
- It is possible to get treated sheet stock varieties, such as moisture-resistant ones for use in bathrooms and kitchens, or fire-resistant sheets that are highly effective in stairways or corridors.
- You get firewall sheet stock that is sound-proof, especially for apartments or condominiums, and abuse-resistant, thick, insulated varieties that do well for a garage renovation.
No matter what type of project you undertake, it is crucial to know which type of drywall to select, in order to maximize the durability and function of the walls that you are building or repairing. If you are handy around the house, it is not difficult to take a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) approach. However, if you wish to avoid messy, tedious and time consuming renovations, leave your drywall repairs and installation in the hands of experts. Hire the professionals at Mastercraft Painting and Finishes and enjoy several advantages:
- We are trained professionals who are adept at repairing or installing drywalls. You will see quality workmanship and enjoy a hassle-free experience, thanks to our thorough post-job cleanup.
- We have access to the latest products, tools and equipment, so you can be sure that we will use the most appropriate materials and complete all your projects on-time.
- Our crew is safety-trained, licensed and insured, so you will not have to worry about any accidents or damage to your property.
For any drywall related repairs or installation in and around the Philadelphia area, contact Mastercraft Painting and Finishes. Call us at 267-496-5307 or contact us online.