Keeping the Area Clean Both Inside and Outside
There are many reasons why painting your garage floor is beneficial. Here are a few to consider.
- It keeps your garage and your car clean. Bare concrete can collect a lot more dust especially when it starts to break down, so having a painted floor will help prevent tracking in the dust.
- It is also easier to clean. Having a smooth finish, like paint, makes it a whole lot easier to use a mop or wipe.
- It adds protection. Cleaning oil stains, chemical spills, mold, and water can be a daunting chore. If you decide to paint the garage floor, you can simply use detergent and sponges to clean the area. It will mask the odor well too.
- It brightens the space. Concrete and other flooring options for garages tend to make the room appear darker. With paint, if you choose a lighter color, it will brighten the space and look more appealing.
- It is not an expensive job.
Concrete is porous, which means it acts like a sponge. It absorbs water and can lead to unwanted moisture. In this case you will want to check the humidity level more often. If you choose to paint the garage floor, it will add that extra protective layer.
Add Value to Your Home by Painting the Garage Floor
It’s Aesthetically Pleasing and Durable
Selecting the right kind of paint for your garage floor is important. Epoxy is commonly recommended to homeowners for its known durability and safety. It’s cost effective too. It is on the thicker side and typically does not need many coats. If prepared and completed properly, it would leave your garage floor with a smooth, bright, and fresh look that’s easy to keep clean and safe.
While it’s easy to prepare and apply, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Weather conditions: This will help you decide how many coats will be needed for full protection and longevity.
- Instructions: Don’t forget to mix the paint! It’s important to follow the instructions that typically come with the paint cans being used for specific projects like painting your garage floor.
Are You Ready to Start Painting Your Garage Floor?
Whether you are only painting the floor or jumping into a full garage renovation, we can help. From choosing the right paint, paint color, preparation of the space, etc., MasterCraft is here with your homeowner goals top of mind.
For garage floor painting services, including choosing, purchasing, and painting, reach out to your professional painting and finishes company. Call MasterCraft at (267) 496-5307 or contact us online to discuss your requirements.