Tips for Achieving the Perfect Finish
Wood stain is a popular treatment that is used to change the color and tone of wood. While wood in its natural state is beautiful in its own right, it may not always match the other colors in your home. Therefore, applying a wood stain to your woodworking project is a simple and affordable way to make everything cohesive. Since wood comes from nature, staining results will vary. Avoid surprises by taking the time to prepare and test any stains you are considering for your project, or contact the experts at Mastercraft Painting & Finishes to ensure the best results.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Wood Staining
For the most successful wood staining application, follow these do’s and don’ts:
- Prepare the wood surface by sanding it down to ensure an even stain color.
- Stir the can of your chosen stain very thoroughly to evenly redistribute colou pigments.
- Test the stain on a scrap of similar wood to ensure you get the color you desire.
- Remove any hardware before you start staining to avoid altering the color of these metals.
- Leave stains to dry unabsorbed on top of the wood surface as it will later peel off.
- Apply a sealant before the stain has had time to dry completely.
The team at Mastercraft Painting & Finishes wants to help you with your residential and commercial painting projects. We live by our motto to “Renovate, Restore & Refinish”, by providing our clients with professional and reliable services at a fair, competitive price. If you’re considering bringing elements of your home or business back to life, you can count on us to get the job done right.
For reliable, high-quality and affordable home interior project services, reach out to the professionals at Mastercraft Painting and Finishes. Call 267-496-5307 or contact us online to get your free estimate.